ATLAS ENERGY SOLUTIONS, INC.
Long Term Incentive Plan
Restricted Stock Unit Grant Notice
Pursuant to the terms and conditions of the Atlas Energy Solutions Inc. Long Term Incentive Plan (the Plan), Atlas Energy Solutions, Inc. a Delaware corporation (the Company), hereby grants to the individual listed below (you or the Participant) the number of Restricted Stock Units (the RSUs) set forth below. This award of RSUs (this Award) is subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein and in the Restricted Stock Unit Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit A (the Agreement) and the Plan, each of which is incorporated herein by reference. Capitalized terms used but not defined herein shall have the meanings set forth in the Plan.
|Date of Grant:
|Total Number of Restricted Stock Units:
|Subject to Section 3(b) of the Agreement, the Plan and the other terms and conditions set forth herein, the RSUs shall vest and become exercisable in three equal installments starting on the first anniversary of the Date of Grant listed above, so long as you remain continuously employed by the Company or an Affiliate, as applicable, from the Date of Grant through each such vesting date (unless accelerated in accordance with the terms of the Agreement). Shares will be issued with respect to the RSUs as set forth in Section 5 of the Agreement (which Shares when issued will be transferable and nonforfeitable).
By your signature below, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Plan, the Agreement and this Restricted Stock Unit Grant Notice (this Grant Notice). You acknowledge that you have reviewed the Agreement, the Plan and this Grant Notice in their entirety and fully understand all provisions of the Agreement, the Plan and this Grant Notice. You hereby agree to accept as binding, conclusive and final all decisions or interpretations of the Committee regarding any questions or determinations that arise under the Agreement, the Plan or this Grant Notice. This Grant Notice may be executed in one or more counterparts (including portable document format (.pdf) and facsimile counterparts), each of which shall be deemed to be an original, but all of which together shall constitute one and the same agreement.
[Signature Page Follows]
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Company has caused this Grant Notice to be executed by an officer thereunto duly authorized, and the Participant has executed this Grant Notice, effective for all purposes as provided above.
|ATLAS ENERGY SOLUTIONS, INC.
|Name: John Turner
|Title: President and Chief Financial Officer
SIGNATURE PAGE TO
RESTRICTED STOCK UNIT GRANT NOTICE
RESTRICTED STOCK UNIT AGREEMENT
This Restricted Stock Unit Agreement (together with the Grant Notice to which this Agreement is attached, this Agreement) is made as of the Date of Grant set forth in the Grant Notice to which this Agreement is attached by and between Atlas Energy Solutions, Inc., a Delaware corporation (the Company), and  (the Participant). Capitalized terms used but not specifically defined herein shall have the meanings specified in the Plan or the Grant Notice.
1. Definitions. For purposes of this Agreement, the following terms shall have the meanings specified below.
(a) Cause means cause (or a term of like import) as defined in the Participants employment, consulting or severance agreement with the Company or an Affiliate in effect at the time of the Participants termination of employment or, in the absence of such an agreement or definition, shall mean: (i) the Participants material breach of this Agreement or any other written agreement between the Participant and the Company or an Affiliate, including the Participants breach of any representation, warranty or covenant made under any such agreement; (ii) the Participants material breach of any law applicable to the workplace or employment relationship, or the Participants material breach of any policy or code of conduct established by the Company or an Affiliate and applicable to the Participant; (iii) the Participants gross negligence, willful misconduct, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, theft or embezzlement; (iv) the commission by the Participant of, or conviction or indictment of the Participant for, or plea of nolo contendere by the Participant to, any felony (or state law equivalent) or any crime involving moral turpitude; or (v) the Participants willful failure or refusal, other than due to disability, to follow any lawful directive from the Company, as determined by the Company; provided, however, that if the Participants actions or omissions as set forth in this clause (v) are of such a nature that the Company determines that they are curable by the Participant, such actions or omissions must remain uncured 30 days after the Company first provided the Participant written notice of the obligation to cure such actions or omissions.
(b) Disability means with respect to any Participant, a condition such that the Participant by reason of physical or mental disability becomes unable to perform his or her normal duties for more than 180 days in the aggregate (excluding infrequent or temporary absence due to ordinary transitory illness) during any twelve (12)-month period.
(c) Good Reason means good reason (or a term of like import) as defined in the Participants employment, consulting or severance agreement with the Company or an Affiliate in effect at the time of the Participants termination of employment or, in the absence of such an agreement or definition, shall mean the occurrence of any of the following without the Participants consent: (i) an adverse change in Participants title, duties or responsibilities (including reporting responsibilities); (ii) a reduction in Participants base salary; (iii) any relocation of Participants principal place of employment by more than 50 miles from the location of Participants principal place of employment as of the Date of Grant; or (iv) a material breach by the Company of any of its obligations under this Agreement. The Company and Participant agree that Good Reason shall not exist unless and until Participant provides the Company with
written notice of the acts alleged to constitute Good Reason within 90 days of Participants knowledge of the occurrence of such event, and Company fails to cure such acts within 30 days of receipt of such notice, if curable. Participant must terminate employment within 60 days following the expiration of such cure period for the termination to be on account of Good Reason.
(d) Qualifying Termination means a termination of the Participants employment with the Company or an Affiliate by the Company or an Affiliate: (i) without Cause, (ii) by Participant for Good Reason; or (iii) due to the Participants death or Disability.
2. Award. In consideration of the Participants past or continued employment with the Company or its Affiliates and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, effective as of the Date of Grant set forth in the Grant Notice (the Date of Grant), the Company hereby grants to the Participant the number of RSUs set forth in the Grant Notice on the terms and conditions set forth in the Grant Notice, this Agreement and the Plan, which is incorporated herein by reference as a part of this Agreement. In the event of any inconsistency between the Plan and this Agreement, the terms of the Plan shall control. To the extent vested, each RSU represents the right to receive one share of Stock, subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Grant Notice, this Agreement and the Plan. Unless and until the RSUs have become vested in the manner set forth in the Grant Notice, the Participant will have no right to receive any Stock in respect of the RSUs. Prior to settlement of this Award, the RSUs and this Award represent an unsecured obligation of the Company, payable only from the general assets of the Company.
3. Vesting of RSUs.
(a) Except as otherwise set forth in Section 3(b) or 3(c), the RSUs shall vest in accordance with the vesting schedule set forth in the Grant Notice. Unless and until the RSUs have vested in accordance with such vesting schedule, the Participant will have no right to receive any dividends or other distribution with respect to the RSUs. Upon a termination of the Participants employment with the Company or an Affiliate prior to the vesting of all of the RSUs (but after giving effect to any accelerated vesting pursuant to Section 3(b) or 3(c)), any unvested RSUs (and all rights arising from such RSUs and from being a holder thereof) will terminate automatically without any further action by the Company and will be forfeited without further notice and at no cost to the Company.
(b) Notwithstanding anything in the Grant Notice, this Agreement or the Plan to the contrary, the RSUs shall immediately become fully vested upon a termination of the Participants employment with the Company or an Affiliate due to a Qualifying Termination.
(c) Notwithstanding anything in the Grant Notice, this Agreement or the Plan to the contrary, the RSUs shall immediately become fully vested upon a Change in Control.
(d) Notwithstanding any provision herein to the contrary, in the event of any inconsistency between this Section 3 and any employment agreement entered into by and between you and the Company or its Affiliates, the terms of the employment agreement shall control.
4. Dividend Equivalent Rights. In the event that the Company declares and pays a dividend in respect of its outstanding shares of Stock and, on the record date for such dividend, the Participant holds RSUs granted pursuant to this Agreement that have not been settled, the Company shall record the amount of such dividend in a bookkeeping account and pay to the Participant an amount in cash equal to the cash dividends the Participant would have received if the Participant was the holder of record, as of such record date, of a number of shares of Stock equal to the number of RSUs held by the Participant that have not been settled as of such record date, such payment to be made on or within sixty (60) days following the date on which such RSUs vest in accordance with Section 3. For purposes of clarity, if the RSUs (or any portion thereof) are forfeited by the Participant pursuant to the terms of this Agreement, then the Participant shall also forfeit the Dividend Equivalents, if any, accrued with respect to such forfeited RSUs. No interest will accrue on the Dividend Equivalents between the declaration and payment of the applicable dividends and the settlement of the Dividend Equivalents.
5. Settlement of RSUs. As soon as administratively practicable following the vesting of RSUs pursuant to Section 3, but in no event later than thirty (30) days after such vesting date, the Company shall deliver to the Participant a number of shares of Stock equal to the number of RSUs subject to this Award. All shares of Stock issued hereunder shall be delivered either by delivering one or more certificates for such shares to the Participant or by entering such shares in book-entry form, as determined by the Committee in its sole discretion. The value of shares of Stock shall not bear any interest owing to the passage of time. Neither this Section 5 nor any action taken pursuant to or in accordance with this Agreement shall be construed to create a trust or a funded or secured obligation of any kind.
6. Tax Withholding. To the extent that the receipt, vesting or settlement of this Award results in compensation income or wages to the Participant for federal, state, local or foreign tax purposes, the Participant shall make arrangements satisfactory to the Company for the satisfaction of obligations for the payment of withholding taxes and other tax obligations relating to this Award, which arrangements include the delivery of cash or cash equivalents, Stock (including previously owned Stock, net settlement, a broker-assisted sale, or other cashless withholding or reduction of the amount of shares otherwise issuable or delivered pursuant to this Award), other property, or any other legal consideration the Committee deems appropriate. If such tax obligations are satisfied through net settlement or the surrender of previously owned Stock, the maximum number of shares of Stock that may be so withheld (or surrendered) shall be the number of shares of Stock that have an aggregate Fair Market Value on the date of withholding or surrender equal to the aggregate amount of such tax liabilities determined based on the greatest withholding rates for federal, state, local or foreign tax purposes, including payroll taxes, that may be utilized without creating adverse accounting treatment for the Company with respect to this Award, as determined by the Committee. The Participant acknowledges that there may be adverse tax consequences upon the receipt, vesting or settlement of this Award or disposition of the underlying shares and that the Participant has been advised, and hereby is advised, to consult a tax advisor. The Participant represents that the Participant is in no manner relying on the Board, the Committee, the Company or an Affiliate or any of their respective managers, directors, officers, employees or authorized representatives (including attorneys, accountants, consultants, bankers, lenders, prospective lenders and financial representatives) for tax advice or an assessment of such tax consequences.
7. Employment Relationship. For purposes of this Agreement the Participant shall be considered to be employed by the Company or an Affiliate as long as: (i) the Participant remains an employee of any of the Company, an Affiliate or a corporation or other entity; (ii) the Participant remains a consultant to either the Company, an Affiliate or a corporation or other entity; or (iii) the Participant remains a member of the Board (or a parent or subsidiary of such corporation or other entity) assuming or substituting a new award for this Award. Without limiting the scope of the preceding sentence, it is expressly provided that the Participant shall be considered to have terminated employment with the Company (i) when the Participant ceases to be an employee of any of the Company, an Affiliate, or a corporation or other entity (or a parent or subsidiary of such corporation or other entity) assuming or substituting a new award for this Award; or (ii) at the time of the termination of the Affiliate status under the Plan of the corporation or other entity that employs the Participant.
8. Leave of Absence. With respect to the Award, the Company may, in its sole discretion, determine that if the Participant is on a leave of absence for any reason the Participant will be considered to still be in the employ of, or providing services for, the Company, provided that rights to the RSUs during a leave of absence will be limited to the extent to which those rights were earned or vested when the leave of absence began.
9. Non-Transferability. During the lifetime of the Participant, the RSUs may not be sold, pledged, assigned or transferred in any manner other than by will or the laws of descent and distribution, unless and until the shares of Stock underlying the RSUs have been issued, and all restrictions applicable to such shares have lapsed. Neither the RSUs nor any interest or right therein shall be liable for the debts, contracts or engagements of the Participant or his or her successors in interest or shall be subject to disposition by transfer, alienation, anticipation, pledge, encumbrance, assignment or any other means, whether such disposition be voluntary or involuntary or by operation of law by judgment, levy, attachment, garnishment or any other legal or equitable proceedings (including bankruptcy), and any attempted disposition thereof shall be null and void and of no effect, except to the extent that such disposition is permitted by the preceding sentence.
10. Compliance with Applicable Law. Notwithstanding any provision of this Agreement to the contrary, the issuance of shares of Stock hereunder will be subject to compliance with all applicable requirements of applicable law with respect to such securities and with the requirements of any stock exchange or market system upon which the Stock may then be listed. No shares of Stock will be issued hereunder if such issuance would constitute a violation of any applicable law or regulation or the requirements of any stock exchange or market system upon which the Stock may then be listed. In addition, shares of Stock will not be issued hereunder unless (i) a registration statement under the Securities Act is in effect at the time of such issuance with respect to the shares to be issued; or (ii) in the opinion of legal counsel to the Company, the shares to be issued are permitted to be issued in accordance with the terms of an applicable exemption from the registration requirements of the Securities Act. The inability of the Company to obtain from any regulatory body having jurisdiction the authority, if any, deemed by the Companys legal counsel to be necessary for the lawful issuance and sale of any shares of Stock hereunder will relieve the Company of any liability in respect of the failure to issue such shares as to which such requisite authority has not been obtained. As a condition to any issuance of Stock hereunder, the Company may require the Participant to satisfy any requirements that may be necessary or appropriate to evidence compliance with any applicable law or regulation and to make any representation or warranty with respect to such compliance as may be requested by the Company.
11. Legends. If a stock certificate is issued with respect to shares of Stock issued hereunder, such certificate shall bear such legend or legends as the Committee deems appropriate in order to reflect the restrictions set forth in this Agreement and to ensure compliance with the terms and provisions of this Agreement, the rules, regulations and other requirements of the SEC, any applicable laws or the requirements of any stock exchange on which the Stock is then listed. If the shares of Stock issued hereunder are held in book-entry form, then such entry will reflect that the shares are subject to the restrictions set forth in this Agreement.
12. Rights as a Stockholder. The Participant shall have no rights as a stockholder of the Company with respect to any shares of Stock that may become deliverable hereunder unless and until the Participant has become the holder of record of such shares of Stock, and no adjustments shall be made for dividends in cash or other property, distributions or other rights in respect of any such shares of Stock, except as otherwise specifically provided for in the Plan or this Agreement.
13. Execution of Receipts and Releases. Any issuance or transfer of shares of Stock or other property to the Participant or the Participants legal representative, heir, legatee or distributee, in accordance with this Agreement shall be in full satisfaction of all claims of such Person hereunder. As a condition precedent to such payment or issuance, the Company may require the Participant or the Participants legal representative, heir, legatee or distributee to execute (and not revoke within any time provided to do so) a release and receipt therefor in such form as it shall determine appropriate; provided, however, that any review period under such release will not modify the date of settlement with respect to vested RSUs.
14. No Right to Continued Employment or Awards. Nothing in the adoption of the Plan, nor the award of the RSUs thereunder pursuant to the Grant Notice and this Agreement, shall confer upon the Participant the right to continued employment by the Company or any Affiliate, or any other entity, or affect in any way the right of the Company or any such Affiliate, or any other entity to terminate such employment at any time. The grant of the RSUs is a one-time benefit and does not create any contractual or other right to receive a grant of Awards or benefits in lieu of Awards in the future. Any future Awards will be granted at the sole discretion of the Company.
15. Notices. All notices and other communications under this Agreement shall be in writing and shall be delivered to the parties at the following addresses (or at such other address for a party as shall be specified by like notice):
If to the Company, unless otherwise designated by the Company in a written notice to the Participant (or other holder):
Atlas Energy Solutions, Inc.
Attn: General Counsel
If to the Participant, at the Participants last known address on file with the Company.
Any notice that is delivered personally or by overnight courier or telecopier in the manner provided herein shall be deemed to have been duly given to the Participant when it is mailed by the Company or, if such notice is not mailed to the Participant, upon receipt by the Participant. Any notice that is addressed and mailed in the manner herein provided shall be conclusively presumed to have been given to the party to whom it is addressed at the close of business, local time of the recipient, on the fourth day after the day it is so placed in the mail.
16. Consent to Electronic Delivery; Electronic Signature. In lieu of receiving documents in paper format, the Participant agrees, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to accept electronic delivery of any documents that the Company may be required to deliver (including prospectuses, prospectus supplements, grant or award notifications and agreements, account statements, annual and quarterly reports and all other forms of communications) in connection with this and any other Award made or offered by the Company. Electronic delivery may be via a Company electronic mail system or by reference to a location on a Company intranet to which the Participant has access. The Participant hereby consents to any and all procedures the Company has established or may establish for an electronic signature system for delivery and acceptance of any such documents that the Company may be required to deliver, and agrees that his or her electronic signature is the same as, and shall have the same force and effect as, his or her manual signature.
17. Agreement to Furnish Information. The Participant agrees to furnish to the Company all information requested by the Company to enable it to comply with any reporting or other requirement imposed upon the Company by or under any applicable statute or regulation.
18. Entire Agreement; Amendment. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties with regard to the subject matter hereof, and contains all the covenants, promises, representations, warranties and agreements between the parties with respect to the RSUs granted hereby; provided¸ however, that the terms of this Agreement shall not modify and shall be subject to the terms and conditions of any employment, consulting or severance agreement between the Company (or an Affiliate or other entity) and the Participant in effect as of the date a determination is to be made under this Agreement. Without limiting the scope of the preceding sentence, except as provided therein, all prior understandings and agreements, if any, among the parties hereto relating to the subject matter hereof are hereby null and void and of no further force and effect. The Committee may, in its sole discretion, amend this Agreement from time to time in any manner that is not inconsistent with the Plan; provided, however, that except as otherwise provided in the Plan or this Agreement, any such amendment that materially reduces the rights of the Participant shall be effective only if it is in writing and signed by both the Participant and an authorized officer of the Company.
19. Severability and Waiver. If a court of competent jurisdiction determines that any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, then the invalidity or unenforceability of such provision shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement, and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. Waiver by any party of any breach of this Agreement or failure to exercise any right hereunder shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any other breach or right. The failure of any party to take action by reason of such breach or to exercise any such right shall not deprive the party of the right to take action at any time while or after such breach or condition giving rise to such rights continues.
20. Clawback. Notwithstanding any other provisions in the Plan or this Agreement to the contrary, any Award granted hereunder and any other agreement or arrangement with the Company which is subject to recovery under any law, government regulation or applicable stock exchange listing are subject to any written clawback policies that the Company may adopt either prior to or following the Effective Date of this Agreement, whether required pursuant to or related to any applicable law, government regulation or stock exchange listing. Any such clawback policy may subject a Participants Award and amounts received with respect to Awards to reduction, cancelation, forfeiture or recoupment if certain specified events occur, including an accounting restatement, or other events or wrongful conduct specified in any such clawback policy. The Committee will make any determination for reduction, cancelation, forfeiture or recoupment in its sole discretion and in accordance with any applicable law or regulation.
21. Insider Trading Policy. The terms of the Companys insider trading policy with respect to shares of Stock are incorporated herein by reference.
22. Governing Law. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Delaware applicable to contracts made and to be performed therein, exclusive of the conflict of laws provisions of Delaware law.
23. Consent to Jurisdiction and Venue. The Participant hereby consents and agrees that state courts located in Austin, Texas and the United States District Court for the Western District each shall have personal jurisdiction and proper venue with respect to any dispute between the Participant and the Company arising in connection with the RSUs or this Agreement. In any dispute with the Company, you will not raise, and you hereby expressly waive, any objection or defense to such jurisdiction as an inconvenient forum.
24. Successors and Assigns. The Company may assign any of its rights under this Agreement without the Participants consent. This Agreement will be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the successors and assigns of the Company. Subject to the restrictions on transfer set forth herein and in the Plan, this Agreement will be binding upon the Participant and the Participants beneficiaries, executors, administrators and the Person(s) to whom the RSUs may be transferred by will or the laws of descent or distribution.
25. Headings; References; Interpretation. Headings are for convenience only and are not deemed to be part of this Agreement. The words hereof, herein and hereunder and words of similar import, when used in this Agreement, shall refer to this Agreement as a whole and not to any particular provision of this Agreement. All references herein to Sections shall, unless the context requires a different construction, be deemed to be references to the Sections of this Agreement. The word or as used herein is not exclusive and is deemed to have the meaning and/or. All references to including shall be construed as meaning including without limitation. Unless the context requires otherwise, all references herein to a law, agreement, instrument or other document shall be deemed to refer to such law, agreement, instrument or other document as amended, supplemented, modified and restated from time to time to the extent permitted by the provisions thereof. All references to dollars or $ in this Agreement refer to
United States dollars. Whenever the context may require, any pronouns used herein shall include the corresponding masculine, feminine or neuter forms, and the singular form of nouns and pronouns shall include the plural and vice versa. Neither this Agreement nor any uncertainty or ambiguity herein shall be construed or resolved against any party hereto, whether under any rule of construction or otherwise. On the contrary, this Agreement has been reviewed by each of the parties hereto and shall be construed and interpreted according to the ordinary meaning of the words used so as to fairly accomplish the purposes and intentions of the parties hereto.
26. Counterparts. The Grant Notice may be executed in one or more counterparts, each of which shall be deemed an original and all of which together shall constitute one instrument. Delivery of an executed counterpart of the Grant Notice by facsimile or portable document format (.pdf) attachment to electronic mail shall be effective as delivery of a manually executed counterpart of the Grant Notice.
27. Section 409A. This Agreement is intended to comply with the Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Rules or an exemption thereunder and shall be construed and interpreted in a manner that is consistent with the requirements for avoiding additional taxes or penalties under the Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Rules. To the extent that the Committee determines that the RSUs may not be exempt from the Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Rules, then, if the Participant is deemed to be a specified employee within the meaning of the Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Rules, as determined by the Committee, at a time when the Participant becomes eligible for settlement of the RSUs upon his separation from service within the meaning of the Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Rules, then to the extent necessary to prevent any accelerated or additional tax under the Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Rules, such settlement will be delayed until the earlier of: (i) the date that is six (6) months following the Participants separation from service; and (ii) the Participants death. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company makes no representations that the payments and benefits provided under this Agreement comply with the Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Rules and in no event shall the Company be liable for all or any portion of any taxes, penalties, interest or other expenses that may be incurred by the Participant on account of non-compliance with the Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Rules.